Senior SysAdmin DevOp - Job opportunity
goodylabs is looking for a passionate Senior Systems Administrator / Developer - Operator to provide IT support to the Polish team in Łódź. In this role you will also support and assist with Internet Technology projects and services and be in a perfect position to learn about the business and cloud management. We are looking for a self-starter who prides themselves on resolving challenging technical issues and is motivated by being part of a dynamic, young and fast growing team.
Working remotely is possible up to 60% (3 of 5 days per week).
- Production Systems
- Provide Linux support for Ruby on Rails applications on production and staging environments
- Provide first level support for internal system issues, including 24 hr break/ fix service for remote staff, escalating to IT team and 3rd party suppliers when necessary
- Inventory / asset management and documentation of used software on production environments
- Networking / infrastructure
- Provide first and second level support for network issues, escalating to IT team and 3rd party suppliers as necessary
- Inventory / asset management and documentation of network & infrastructure
Desired Skills and Experience:
goodylabs values define who we are, what we do and how we do our job. We look for these values in everyone we hire.
Intellectual Curiosity and Self-Motivation: as a general attitude to your work.
Excellence in Subject Matter: every member of the team must demonstrate excellence in his / her work. As we are always striving to improve, new recruits must be in the top quartile of the team.
Belonging to the goodylabs Community: Social, ethical and able to share knowledge with the team, customers and anyone you have contact with. We should be happy to know you as a friend.
No Compromise on Delivery and Quality: You must treat quality of your work as seriously as possible. Open and honest criticism is always welcome, mistakes are OK. You always need to be willing to improve though.
- Good customer service
- Ubuntu Server Linux or CentOS Linux
- Understanding of networking services (nginx, Apache httpd, etc.)
- Understanding of server maintenance (./configure && make && make install mantra, etc.)
- Disciplined, confident & flexible with a "can do" attitude
- Fun, team orientated & energetic
- Good communication skills - IT Crowd is funny but we treat our clients seriously
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - "... so you're saying that it can't be done in bash one-liner ?" :)
- Basic knowledge of PHP (how to debug simple things)
- Basic English skills like reading the documentation and writing emails if you are a Polish native speaker or fluent English if you do not know Polish at all
- Basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Basic knowledge of Sinatra
- Fluent English
- Basic German
- Virtualisation - preferably VMWare ESX
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to send us your CV at: email@example.com